WestWind does not accept unsolicited manuscripts. If you are interested in submitting your work, please respect the following policy:
- Send in a one-page synopsis of the story first to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only selected synopses will be invited to submit a complete screenplay. Unsolicited manuscripts will be destroyed unread.
- If you are invited to submit your manuscript, you will be sent a standard release form to accompany it. Screenplays without a release will not be considered.
- Screenplays will not be returned.
- We expect screenplays to be assessed within a three month timeframe. An email will be sent to applicants whose scripts are not under consideration. Feedback will not be supplied.
- Follow standard screenwriting formatting. Electronic scripts should be in PDF only.
- All scripts must have a correctly formatted title page.
- Scripts should be paginated and fall within the normal industry length.
- Provide your contact information (or agent if applicable) on the title page of the script. Please supply a phone number, address and a mandatory email address.
- WestWind is an earth-friendly company. If you elect to send in a hard copy script, the only suitable binding is the brass brad #5 (1 1/4″ two-prong fastener).